Friday, June 20, 2014

Chinese Nose Bleed

  
image source: graspchinese.com

 I got up, looked up the clock. It was 6:OO a.m. Tuesday, June 17 2O14. I went back to bed because I usually wake up at 7:3O, but after 1O minutes “Jai tayo na diyan, magde-devotion tayo.” (Jai stand up, we’ll have devotion.) So I got up and walked up stairs with dad, where our church is located. We talked about the children who don’t obey their parents.

We ended after 2O minutes and I started my daily routine. I took a bath, dressed up and took off to RECHAB.

After my third class, a Korean teacher came in. He was going to teach us Chinese. Unbelievable! And the first thing he said when he came in was “Nihau” which meant good morning or good afternoon. He also taught us what the alphabet letters really sounds like in China, and other words like “Ni men hau. Lao  shi hau.  Xai jien. And Xie xie.”  The words and translations were funny because they were new to the sense of hearing.
   
It was raining and dad was late. It was almost 6:OO ,and they’re still out of sight. All the students and some of the teachers have gone home and I was still there waiting. Good thing my classmate, Timothy, accompanied me (he stays in a dorm near our school, lucky for him.) He was with a boy that I knew was grade 4, but when he told me his real age’s 15. I hardly believed him.   Explaining, the boy stopped school when he was young, and was sent to work (that’s why he’s short.)
  
  Just then I saw mom towards me surprisingly. “Jai your dad’s outside.” She said. “Ok.” I said.  Then I saw her going somewhere pass me.  “Mom, where are you going?” I asked.  “I have a class.” She said.  What class? I thought to myself.

   
Outside, I saw dad and asked him why he’s late. “Me and your mother bought books.” He said. Books! I knew dad has something important to do when he’s late. During the ride I asked dad about what mom meant about the class she told earlier. And he said that mom is studying counseling. In the house dad gave the book they bought for me which is entitled “1OO Greatest Important Events That Changed The World.”

No comments:

Post a Comment