Friday, June 13, 2014

My First Day

image source: catchmyparty.com

My mother woke me up 8:OO a.m. Friday, June 13, 2O14. She gave me a good news, it was enrollment day and my my first day in class which was a very big bad news to me, because I thought the first day of class was on Monday and she didn't even told me that it was this day! 

Maybe she did told me yesterday to "Get ready" mom said "tomorrow's enrollment day and..." blah, blah, blah. I didn't listen to the last words of my mother because I was doing something, and now I regret it. So I got up, took a bath, put on my clothes and braced my self.

During the ride, I was thinking on what I was going to do. My heart was thumping loudly, and I don't know why. I tried to relax. I took a deep breath but I can barely breath, like something heavy was laid on my chest. I tried to make an excuse. I said "Mom can we just enroll today and have my class on Monday?" But she didn't answer me. She was busy talking to dad about the money they would pay.

After the 15-minute ride we ended in front of a big gate. Inside I saw a building with a name on top of it. "RECHAB International School" I said to my self. We went inside another building, where I was going to be enrolled on the first floor were the classrooms of the elementary and the middle school, and in the second floor was the principal's office. We went inside. Unfortunately the principal was not there but a woman came up to us and asked us to enroll.

We sat down and I asked mom when did the classes start. She told me that it started last Monday. Well
that surprised me! After my mom signed all the papers, I got down to the first floor to enter my classroom. After my introduction to my new classmates, they gave me a warm greeting and sat down to my chair. I wasn't nervous anymore because my classmates were friendly and there are ten of us in class, two of them are foreigners, a Japanese who is good in tagalog, and a Korean who is learning to speak English.

I didn't eat lunch that day, but it was surprising I didn't feel hungry till the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment